Sunday, April 1, 2012

Canada: Son of former prime minister Trudeau scores TKO over Conservative Senator favorite

Justin Trudeau a Liberal Member of Parliament and Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau fought for charity in an Ottawa event. The event raised $230,000 dollars for a local cancer research foundation.

Brazeau was the favorite. He tried to finish off Trudeau with a very aggressive first round. However , this is what Trudeau expected and he was able to survive the round. Brazeau seemed to have worn himself out and by the third round Trudeau was landing a lot of punches. As can be seen on the enclosed video the referee decided to stop the fight in the third round with Trudeau scoring a TKO. Brazeau has military and martial arts training.


Trudeau said:"It feels really good. I had a game plan that I was going to stick to,". "I knew he would come in heavy and hard right off the bat, but I also knew that I was going to be able to take anything he threw at me. And when he did, he emptied himself out, and I just kept going."I'll be absolutely honest: He hits really hard."

Before the fight Trudeau and Brazeau duked it out on Twitter. Brazeau said that his ego suffered the worst blow.. For more see this CBC article. Brazeau will now be forced to cut his hair which will mean his pony tail will probably be gone!

No comments:

US will bank Tik Tok unless it sells off its US operations

  US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said during a CNBC interview that the Trump administration has decided that the Chinese internet app ...